A 30-year-old man, Isaac Esilfie, a resident of Kasoa Zongo, was yesterday morning electrocuted while working on a container.
Twenty-seven-year-old Godfred Amewonu, a resident of the same area who was working with the deceased, suffered electric shocks.
Isaac Esilfie aka Atta, an auto mechanic and a native of Gomoa Enyinsan in the Central Region, was reported dead at the Winneba Hospital where he was rushed to, but Godfred was responding to treatment at the Kasoa Health Center.
The two were welding a container store at Kasoa Zongo but forgot to switch off the electrical power. Esilfie was electrified and Amewonu, who made an attempt to rescue his friend, suffered serious electric shocks.
The two were rushed to the Kasoa Health Centre but Isaac Esilfie was referred to the Winneba Hospital because he was in a critical condition. He was however pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital.
Godfred Amewuno, who was a welder and a carpenter, told DAILY GUIDE on his sick bed that they had charged GHÂ˘150 to weld the rusty container and started working on it last Saturday. He added that since they could not finish the work on Saturday, they tried to complete it the following day.
He narrated that after they had finished welding one side of the container, they tried to shift it in order to have access to the other side.
He said while they were in the process of shifting the container to the other side, he saw Isaac being electrocuted and therefore attempted to push him away from the container and that was the last thing he could remember about the incident.
The body of Isaac Esilfie had been deposited at the Winneba Hospital morgue awaiting autopsy.
Â From Adnan A. Mohammed, Kasoa Zongo